So the journey isn't being too terrible and I am finding myself enjoying the workouts more and more. I have never really been a runner let alone enjoying it, but I decided that I will try it out since it is a really good workout. My first day I didn't do too terrible since I have been working out and I am in better shape than when I started, and I have ran every once in a while so it isn't completely foreign. For the past several days I have been running and I have been averaging at least two miles. After my first day of running I forgot to stretch like a dummy, and the next morning I jumped put of bed to find myself almost collapsing on the floor because my calves were so sore. I have kept up with the running for the past days and I am no longer sore and I am remembering to stretch afterwards. This makes me happy that I can enjoy working out and being healthy.
A big part that helped me to keep running was the music. I love listening to my iPod while I run; it keeps my focus off the time I have been running and how much longer I wanted to run, and my focus stayed more on the song and enjoying it. I like to listen to the pumped up songs that make me feel super strong and amazing for being so motivated. I like to listen to the upbeat rock kind of stuff always the techno music. I also like songs that the lyrics make you feel BA and that you can push through anything and nothing is impossible. If you choose the right song you can go the extra mile, or the extra 5 minutes that will help you reach your goal.
The dietary/healthy food front has just been going okay and I am losing some will power. I am finding myself looking at the cookies and wanting to buy them; luckily, I have resisted and not bought them yet, but they keep looking better and better. This temptation was killing me and I was on Pinterest on the fitness page and I saw an amazing quote "When you look at junk food don't feel sad because you can't have it, but hold your head up because you have the will power to pass it up." This made me feel stronger and I just have to keep saying it over and over in my head as I walk downstairs to get my meals.
A big part that helped me to keep running was the music. I love listening to my iPod while I run; it keeps my focus off the time I have been running and how much longer I wanted to run, and my focus stayed more on the song and enjoying it. I like to listen to the pumped up songs that make me feel super strong and amazing for being so motivated. I like to listen to the upbeat rock kind of stuff always the techno music. I also like songs that the lyrics make you feel BA and that you can push through anything and nothing is impossible. If you choose the right song you can go the extra mile, or the extra 5 minutes that will help you reach your goal.
The dietary/healthy food front has just been going okay and I am losing some will power. I am finding myself looking at the cookies and wanting to buy them; luckily, I have resisted and not bought them yet, but they keep looking better and better. This temptation was killing me and I was on Pinterest on the fitness page and I saw an amazing quote "When you look at junk food don't feel sad because you can't have it, but hold your head up because you have the will power to pass it up." This made me feel stronger and I just have to keep saying it over and over in my head as I walk downstairs to get my meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment