Monday, February 6, 2012

Success doesn't come without Sweat and Pain

I have been running a lot lately and I am starting to enjoy it as I mentioned before in my last post. One day after my run I went to the bathroom before changing to take my shower so I was still sweaty and had that after workout "glow." I came out of the stall and looked in the mirror and saw myself with sweat all around my neck and lifted my arms to see sweat stains in my armpits, most people would be disgusted by the way I looked, but I was proud. To me that shirt with sweat all over it and hair that had the wet look because of the run was a symbol of effort and success in pushing myself for the day and to know I can run that far. I look at myself and see that I am going somewhere and the changes are beginning to show. Others ma not see them, but I can; they may not necessarily be visible by looking in the mirror, but I can see them in the miles I run and the longer I can run with the increase of speed. I see changes for the better and that just makes me happy and I am so proud of myself for pushing through the days where I just want to pig out and the times when working out just seems horrific. I want to be someones inspiration and I know that by pushing myself to be better I am closer to inspiring others to work hard too and that they can do it too as long as they don't give up.

Now that I have wrote out my feelings of being strong I have a story that makes me happy and shows me that I have been working hard. I was running in the fitness room we have in our dormitory. That day I didn't feel like getting my butt of the couch and running, but I made myself because I knew I would regret it if I didn't. As I was running I was wanting to give up around the 15 minute mark but I made myself go longer and then the 20 minute mark came and I once again made myself push harder and then I stopped around the 25 minute marker. After that I went to clean the treadmill for health reasons and as I was doing that a girl came up to me and asked me how I did that, I was confused and she said that she would never be able to run for that long. I was in shock she said this because I never thought of myself as a runner. Then she proceeded to say "you must have ran cross country in high school." This made me smile and I told her that I have alwayshated running and that I am more of the swimmer, but I decided to pick up running because it seemed it would be easier to do on a daily basis since the pool was so far away and that it has taken me awhile to build my endurance up to run for that long.
I just thought I would share this to you to prove that you can improve and people will notice (your not the only one who sees the differences you make in your life)

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment